Subject: Tapa

Tapa

From: Mary-Lou Florian <mflorian<-a>
Date: Saturday, September 6, 2014
Alice Ferroni <aliceferroni<-a t->tiscali< . >it> writes

>I have to do a project on conservation and restoration of tapa
>textiles.  I am a paper conservator but I will work in with a
>textile conservator.  Do you have any suggestion based on your
recent experience?

I suggest you contact Smithsonian-National Museum of Natural History
in Washington DC

    Greta Hansen, Conservation Manager
    Department of Anthropology
    301-238-1306
    hanseng<-a t->si< . >edu

They have undertaken conservation research on tapa cloth.

Dr. Mary-Lou Florian

               Distributed: Saturday, September 13, 2014