Subject: Titanium white in plastic objects

Titanium white in plastic objects

From: Birgit van Driel <b.van.driel<-a>
Date: Friday, September 5, 2014
I am doing a PhD on titanium white for the Rijksmuseum, the Dutch
cultural heritage agency and Delft University.  In a previous post
about my PhD project on titanium white pigments I was enquiring
about any examples you may have encountered in painted art.  I am
now also interested in problems you may have encountered in white
(or light colored) plastic art objects produced between 1920-1970. I
am looking for case study material of photocatalytic degradation of
titanium white pigments on polymeric materials (ranging from paints
to plastics).

For more information or if you have an example in mind (for example
a degraded white plastic object) please contact me.

Birgit van Driel

                Distributed: Saturday, September 6, 2014