Subject: Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives (CCLA)

Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives (CCLA)

From: Christina Manzo <manzo.christina<-a>
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
On behalf of our partners at Dartmouth College and Boston Public
Library, we are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new
initiative, funded by the Institute for Museum and Library Services
(IMLS), that will examine how libraries, archives, and museums, can
most effectively use crowdsourcing techniques to augment their
collections and enhance their patrons' experience.

This initiative, provisionally entitled the Crowdsourcing Consortium
for Libraries and Archives (CCLA), will employ a series of meetings
and webinars to collect, examine, and share the most recent,
cutting-edge technologies, tools, and platforms and accompanying
best practices in the field.  The goal of the CCLA is to create a
forum that enables all interested stakeholders to join a national
conversation about the most pressing needs and challenges regarding
the development and deployment of crowdsourcing technologies in the
cultural heritage domain.

As a first step in this process, we want to hear from you.  The CCLA
team invites you to take a short 10-minute survey to share your
thoughts on the current state of crowdsourcing in libraries,
museums, and other cultural heritage institutions.  Your opinions
and insights will directly inform the agenda of upcoming CCLA
activities and events, influence the discourse of current and future
discussions, and have the potential to translate into real-world
applications.

                  Distributed: Friday, August 29, 2014