Subject: Thai temple paintings sought

Thai temple paintings sought

From: Jitka Kyrian <jitka.kyrian<-a>
Date: Sunday, August 17, 2014
    author.

In the conservation project on temple paintings from Thailand at the
State Museum of Ethnology Munich, I have among other research
matters integrated the search for comparable reference paintings in
collections worldwide.

The project is dealing with the conservation but also scientific,
historical and ethnological background research. Has anyone ever
worked on such paintings? Does anyone know institutions, museums or
collectors which have comparable paintings in their collections?

The paintings I am searching for should be painted on textile
supports (not paper), with representations of Buddha, preferably
with scenes from the life of Buddha.  They should be higher than 150
cm and not be so called Thangka.

I would be very thankful for any hints, where to find such
paintings.

Jitka Kyrian
Dipl. Conservator Univ.
State Museum of Ethnology Munich