Subject: Fellowship at LabEx MiChem

Fellowship at LabEx MiChem

From: Ludovic Bellot-Gurlet <ludovic.bellot-gurlet<-a>
Date: Thursday, August 7, 2014
Postdoc Fellowship

Fernand Braudel - IFER Fellowship
Postdoctoral position
LabEx MiChem in the field "Chemistry and Cultural Heritage"
Paris / France

In Paris (France), the MONARIS laboratory (previously called LADIR)
participate to a 'cluster of lab': the LabEx MiChem, founded by
French projects for 'laboratoires d'excellence'.  Within this
project MiChem contribute to the founding of some postdoctoral
fellowships managed by the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme
(FMSH-Paris) and part of an European Action Marie Curie.

As for a Marie Curie fellowship, the student should propose his own
research project that he can develop in the MONARIS for 9 month.  We
welcome any projects that could be developed in our lab.

Because of the initial project 'Fernand Braudel fellowships',
research projects proposed for the postdoc must have a 'social and
human sciences' frame.  For us it means essentially that the
'chemistry / archaeometry' part should be the 'tool' for a project
around social and human sciences questions.  In other words, the
project writing should be first around problematics from social and
human sciences.

So the implications for archaeology and history should be first
clearly assigned, enlightened and discussed.  The "archaeometric"
approaches then developed to tackle the humanities questions will
came as a way for that.

One position will be opened for a project submission from September
1-30, 2014.

Deadline for submission: September 30, 2014

Details about the procedure for applying are available at

    <URL:http://www.fmsh.fr/en/c/5803>

Because of the criteria imposed by the EU we must have several
applicants even if only one will be selected.  Anyway the chance to
be selected is not negligible if the project could convince the
advisory board of the fellowship program, and because we do not
expect too many applicants.

You can diffuse this information to everybody that could feel
interested, and at the moment we do not have 'specific candidate'
for that.

For any further information, interested persons can contact Ludovic
Bellot-Gurlet <ludovic.bellot-gurlet<-a t->upmc< . >fr>.

Applicants will need to contact me to obtain a letter from the lab
accepting their hosting, which is required for the application

                  Distributed: Sunday, August 10, 2014