Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Jana Chrenkova <jana.chrenkova<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Researcher, Digital Preservation
Tate

About us: The aim of Tate is to increase public awareness,
understanding and enjoyment of British art from the 16th century to
the present day, and of international modern and contemporary art.

Part of the Tate Partnerships and Programmes Directorate, Tate
Research was established in 2006 to lead and support research
activity across Tate, working both with external researchers and
staff.  We are involved in a number of European research projects,
including Presto4U and Pericles, which will ensure digital content
remains accessible in a continually changing environment.

About the role: Based in a small, creative team, you'll work closely
with the Digital Preservation Manager and other staff across Tate to
help deliver Presto4U and Pericles and develop digital preservation
policy and practice within Tate.  Key tasks will range from
contributing to the research objectives for these projects,
developing preservation workflows for different teams across Tate,
providing and reviewing project progress reports, communicating news
from these projects and organising events.  You'll also be expected
to stay abreast of new developments in digital preservation.

About you: We're looking for a dynamic, intellectually curious
individual with a good understanding of the digital preservation of
complex digital objects and the practical challenges of digital
preservation in different contexts.  Proven project management
experience, a collaborative working style and excellent relationship
building skills will be required.

Contact Details/How to apply: Our opportunities are open for you to
apply online.  Please visit

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk/about/workingattate/>

to create an account by registering your details or if you are an
existing user, log into your account.  For all opportunities, we ask
candidates to complete an online application form for the vacancy
they are interested in.  If you need an application form in an
alternative format, please call us on +44 20 7887 4997.  Once you
have submitted your application, you can keep track of its progress
by logging in to your account.

The closing date for the submission of completed application forms
is 18 August 2014 by 5 pm.  Interviews will be held on 26 August
2014 (can be flexible if necessary).

Our jobs are like our galleries: open to all

Jana Chrenkova
HR Assistant
+44 20 7887 8953

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 2, 2014