Subject: Survey on Digital Cultural Heritage Roadmap for Preservation

Survey on Digital Cultural Heritage Roadmap for Preservation

From: Sara Di Giorgio <sara.digiorgio<-a>
Date: Monday, July 28, 2014
Over the past two years the European project DCH-RP

    <URL:http://www.dch-rp.eu>

has been working to define a roadmap for the preservation of items
of digital cultural heritage (DCH-RP stands for Digital Cultural
Heritage: a Roadmap for Preservation). The project has involved
contributions from cultural heritage institutions, national research
networks, and providers of grid- and cloud-based computing and
storage across the European Union.

An intermediate version of the main deliverable--the DCH-RP Roadmap
for Preservation--and other project outputs are also available to
download

    <URL:http://www.dch-rp.eu/index.php?en/61/deliverables>

if you would like to know more about the approach or the outline
recommendations made.

Meantime we are trying to fine-tune our proposals so that they align
as closely as possible with the priorities of cultural heritage
institutions that are either implementing digital preservation
programs or are planning to do so.  We would be most grateful if you
could contribute to this process by filling in a short questionnaire
available on-line at

    <URL:http://www.dch-rp.eu/index.php?en/136/questionnaire-on-the-intermediate-version-of-roadmap>

that should take no more than 15 minutes.  The survey will be open
until 4 of August 2014.

Sara Di Giorgio
Coordinator of DCH-RP project
Central Institute for the Union Catalogue of Italian Libraries and
    Bibliographic Information
Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, and Tourism
viale Castro Pretorio, 105
00185 Rome, Italy
+39 06 49210806
Fax: +39 064959302