Subject: Accoya

Accoya

From: Robert Turner <robert.turner<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2014
We are looking at potential materials for replacing rotten hull
planking on HMS Victory and have been asked to consider all
possibilities, including Accoya.  However, we have no direct
experience using Accoya in conservation projects.  Concern has been
expressed that it may be prone to absorbing and retaining moisture.
Clearly this would be a significant issue for an object being
displayed outdoors.

Does anyone have experience of using Accoya in conservation projects
that they are able to share?"

Robert Turner ACR
EURA Conservation Ltd.
Unit H2, Halesfield 19