Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Mika Takami <mika.takami<-a>
Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Textile Treatment Conservator
Hampton Court Palace

Temporary post
Full time - Two posts, six months and eleven months

Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity that cares for the
Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace
Banqueting House, Whitehall and Hillsborough Castle.

Historic Royal Palaces is now seeking to appoint two highly-skilled
textile conservators to join our Conservation and Collection Care
team to assist with the conservation of its historic royal
tapestries, furnishings and costume collections.

Having attended a recognised textile conservation training programme
(or equivalent), you will have an in-depth understanding of the
techniques involved in conservation treatments and you will have the
ability to take on complex hands-on treatment projects in one of our
three textile streams.  You will also be willing to explain this
work to our customers, both internal and external.

You will be part of a team and report to the Treatment Conservation
Supervisor.  Working with extremely fragile objects, both in the
studio and within the palaces, you must be able to work at heights.
Based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to our
other palaces on occasion.

Historic Royal Palaces endorses the Icon PACR accreditation scheme.

Closing date:  28 July 2014

Pay Range: 9    UKP22,646.00 (pro rata)

Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852) and an
equal opportunities employer.  Applications are welcome from all
candidates regardless of sex, racial, ethnic or national origin,
disability, age, sexuality or responsibilities for dependants.  We
value a diverse workforce and celebrate our differences.

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Mika Takami ACR
Treatment Conservation Manager