Subject: Costume Society of America (CSA) event

Costume Society of America (CSA) event

From: Brenna Barks <csawr.publicity<-a>
Date: Monday, July 7, 2014
Art Conservation de Rigueur
577 14th Avenue, No.2
San Francisco, CA
Saturday, July 19, 2014
Saturday July 19, 2014
10:45 am to 3:30 pm PDT

In two weeks, July 19, 2014, the Western Region of Costume Society
of America will be having an event in San Francisco on textile
conservation.  The deadline for registration is this Saturday, July
12, 2014.  Places are limited.

This is a rare opportunity to see behind the scenes at a
Conservator's studio.  During our visit we will learn of the various
techniques used to conserve and abate damage to textiles and art
objects.

In addition, the Studio works with several private clients who have
agreed to let us have an exclusive look at some of the pieces in
their collections.  These include Historic Baseball uniforms and
costumes from The San Francisco Opera and Hollywood movies.

Our expert guide and hostess for the day will be Elise Rousseau,
owner and principal conservator.

Sign up now, registration is limited.  Only 6 slots remain for the
11:00 am session.  2:00 pm has 9 openings.  First come, first
served.

Deadline: July 12, 2014

For more detailed information see

    <URL:http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e9cl18psda14716c&c=1febb7f0-7434-11e3-8360-d4ae5284344f&ch=c9ca0630-8c41-11e3-af99-d4ae5292bb50>