Subject: Position at Auckland Museum

Position at Auckland Museum

From: Elizabeth Jurlina <ejurlina<-a>
Date: Friday, July 4, 2014
Principal Conservator
Auckland Museum

Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the
centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing
engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and
educational programmes.

An opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced
Principal Conservator to join the Museum at an exciting time of
redevelopment and renewal.  The role is as varied as the working
environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility. The
Principal Conservator is responsible of the delivery of Conservation
and Collection Readiness projects as well as providing expert
advice, planning and execution of treatments to enhance the
preservation of the Museum's collections.

To be successful in this role, you will have:

    Tertiary qualification in the Conservation of Cultural Materials

    Member of NZCCM or internationally recognized Conservation
    affiliations

    Extensive experience with treatment of a wide range of object
    materials

    Advanced experience in wood conservation and the development of
    conservation treatment methodologies, paint analyses and paint
    removal from wooden carvings

    Advanced experience in the conservation of plant fibre artefacts

    Up-to-date knowledge of current professional thinking around
    preventive conservation and display of artefacts

    Project Management skills

    Holds a passion for dynamic museums and for working in a cross
    functional team environment

    Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity
    management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the
    Museum environment

Closing Date: 5pm Sunday, 3 August 2014

You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this
position.

This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a
fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national
and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South
Pacific.

To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site

    <URL:http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com>

and enter the job code 3851SK

You must apply via our careers site.  Applications submitted
incorrectly will not be processed.

Elizabeth Jurlina
People and Organisation Coordinator
Auckland War Memorial Museum