Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-a>
Date: Friday, July 4, 2014
Head of Digital Asset Management
Hampton Court Palace, with frequent travel to other palaces
Circa UKP42k

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks
after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting
House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle.

HRP has plans to bring the experience of Britain's finest heritage
sites to a wider global audience, to increase the reach of our
learning initiatives and domestic membership, and provide a new
generation of minds with a powerful sense of our past through
world-class creative programming.  To achieve this we have initiated
a digital transformation programme that will touch every part of our
organisation including: ticketing and visitor experience;
conservation and learning; shopping; attracting visitors; up-selling
and retaining members; and growing our audience reach.

How we create, store and make accessible our digital
assets--importantly, historical, research and conservation
information and records--will underpin this transformation.  Our aim
as an organisation is to help everyone explore the story of how
monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest
palaces ever built.  The digital assets that make up these stories,
and bring them to life, need to be findable and useable by all our
staff, visitors and fans around the world--many have to be preserved
for future generations.

Reporting to the Head of Conservation and Collections Care, the
post-holder will manage the delivery of the Digital Asset Management
stream of work in the Digital Programme.  This will involve
identifying which assets we need to prioritise and manage to drive
benefits internally and to our audiences through making them more
findable.  It will also involve being a guardian of and advocate for
digital asset standards and processes throughout the organisation.

An understanding of how to work with technology teams is essential
and the Head of IS, along with the Head of Digital Transformation,
will be important allies, helping to coordinate technology and
business change, ensuring smooth adoption of new digital asset
platforms and dealing with the limitations of the current legacy
systems that may require integration/migration onto the new
platform.

To ensure success within this role, we will be seeking demonstrable
evidence in delivering excellent customer service and leading,
planning and reporting on seven-figure programmes of digital asset
management change, This is very much a' hands on' role so a history
of achievement through strategic and tactical delivery, as well as
being able to find creative solutions to 'Change' challenges such as
staff engagement will be crucial.  An enthusiasm for history and
soft skills will therefore be incredibly important and the ability
to influence, build empathy and communicate clearly and passionately
will result in the success expected.

If you believe you can contribute to our goals within this
challenging and varied asset management role, find out more and
apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Closing date: 10 August 2014

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Jo Wilson
Conservation and Collection Care

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 5, 2014