Subject: Internship at Staffordshire Record Office

Internship at Staffordshire Record Office

From: Kath Whittam <kwhittam<-a>
Date: Friday, July 4, 2014
Icon internship in Archive Conservation
with Staffordshire Record office
Parchment, Paper and Book conservation - The Bradford Collection

Funded by the Clothworkers' foundation for 12 months
Educational Stipend UKP17,000 plus training placement supplement

Supervisor: Richard Nichols ACR
Based in Stafford

You will need to have a relevant formal qualification in Archive,
Book or Paper Conservation and a solid grounding in the theory and
practices of the profession.  A methodical and organised approach to
work will help you maintain concentration and accuracy when handling
delicate material.  A flexible approach will enable you to work well
on your own and as part of an established team using your initiative
and taking responsibility.

You will have an enthusiastic approach and willingness to make the
most of this unique opportunity.

You can find the placement description on the Icon website

    <URL:http://www.icon.org.uk>

along with the application form.

The closing date for applications for these placements is 8 July
2014 and the interviews are on 29 July 2014.  The placement will
start on 29 September 2014 by agreement with the successful
candidate.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will
do my best to answer your queries.

Kath Whittam
Professional Development Support Officer
Icon, The Institute of Conservation
Unit 1.5 Lafone House
The Leathermarket
Weston Street