Subject: Informant

Informant

From: Laura Wahl <lwahl<-a>
Date: Monday, June 30, 2014
I would like to know more information about the potential accuracy
of a mold detection product called Informant made by Advnt
Biotechnologies.  It claims to detect separately Aspergillus (or)
Penicillium and Stachybotrys by a immunochromatographic assay.  It
appears that a swab is used to collect the sample.  Detection is
supposed to be below 100,000 spores per ml.  I would like to try
this out as an additional method for evaluating the condition of
paper materials, beyond the usual visual and smell tests.

The product is sold through

    <URL:http://www.advnt.org/products/mold-detection/>

Laura Wahl
Library Conservator