Subject: Degradation of Tinuvin 292 in varnish solutions

Degradation of Tinuvin 292 in varnish solutions

From: Rebecca Ellison <rebecca.ellison<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
I use solutions of MS2A with addition of Tinuvin 292.  I usually
discard any left over varnish after three weeks as the Tinuvin
degrades quickly in solution.  However, in the interests of cost and
environmental friendliness, I wondered whether or not it would be
appropriate to add a second amount of 2% Tinuvin 292--assuming the
varnish had not been sitting around too long?

Rebecca Ellison
Oil Paintings Conservator
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
Cathays Park