Subject: Survey on Guidelines for Descriptive Terminology for Works of Art on Paper

Survey on Guidelines for Descriptive Terminology for Works of Art on Paper

From: Nancy Ash <nash<-a>
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Guidelines for Descriptive Terminology for Works of Art on Paper

On May 27 we posted on the DistList that draft Guidelines for
Descriptive Terminology for Works of Art on Paper were available for
your perusal on the Philadelphia Museum of Art (PMA) website at

    <URL:http://www.philamuseum.org/conservation/22.html>

The same version is still available although the Guidelines are
currently undergoing revision.

This project to develop new guidelines for consistently describing
materials used in works of art on paper is nearing completion.  The
project goal is to enhance the ability of conservators to
communicate knowledge about materials--drawings, paintings, prints
and collage--and to provide allied museum professionals with
mutually understandable and meaningful language for describing works
of art on paper.  The project was supported by a 21st Century Museum
Professionals grant from the Institute of Museum and Library
Services.

At this time we would greatly appreciate your initial thoughts in a
5-10 minute survey available at

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mediaterminology>

We are certain that this feedback will be valuable in helping us
refine the final Guidelines.

Nancy Ash, Scott Homolka, and Stephanie Lussier

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646
Philadelphia, PA 19101

                   Distributed: Tuesday, July 1, 2014