Subject: Fulbright Scholar Program

Fulbright Scholar Program

From: Allison Bahneman <abahneman<-a>
Date: Monday, June 30, 2014
The Fulbright Scholar Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of
State, is administered by CIES, a division of IIE.

Opening Minds to the World(r)

    <URL:http://www.iie.org/Our-Global-Reach>

We are currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Fulbright
U.S. Scholar Program core competition, but the application deadline
of August 1, 2014 is quickly approaching.

There are a number of exciting Fulbright U.S. Scholar grant
opportunities in Environmental Science.  Fulbright Scholars in this
field seek to understand complex relationships between human
communities and the natural world, and the range of awards attracts
applicants from diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
Program alumni have approached environmental issues through the lens
of biology, economics, engineering, history, politics, public
health, and sociology.

The complete catalog of awards

    <URL:http://catalog.cies.org>

is available online, but the following is a small snapshot of
Environmental Science opportunities:

    Colombia 5504
    <URL:http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=5504&dc=CO>
    Fulbright-National University Distinguished Chair in
    Biodiversity and Sustainable Development

    Georgia 5229
    <URL:http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=5229&dc=GG>
    Science, Technology, and Engineering

    Philippines 5120
    <URL:http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=5120&dc=RP>
    Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization

    Bhutan 5450
    <URL:http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=5450&dc=BT>
    Multiple Disciplines

    Palestinian Territories (West Bank Only) 5442
    <URL:http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=5442&dc=WE>
    All Disciplines

Please see individual award descriptions for preferred disciplines.
Specializations may include agriculture, alternative energy
technology, climate science, forestry, food systems and hunger
alleviation, hydrology, oceanography, plant biology, pollution
mitigation, soil science, waste disposal and recycling and wildlife
management.  Countries such as India also offer All Disciplines
awards that further expand the options for Environmental Science
scholars.

For more information, we recommend viewing our recent webinar,
Fulbright Opportunities in Environmental Science

    <URL:http://www.cies.org/event/webinar-fulbright-opportunities-environmental-science>

and consulting the overview of Environmental Science opportunities

    <URL:http://www.cies.org/opportunities-environmental-science>

Eligibility Criteria

    <URL:http://www.cies.org/eligibility>

Application Guidelines

    <URL:http://www.cies.org/application-guidelines>

and Review Criteria

    <URL:http://www.cies.org/review-criteria>

You may wish to register for one of our webinars

    <URL:http://www.cies.org/event-type/webinar-schedule>

or join My Fulbright, a resource center for applicants interested in
the program.

    <URL:http://www.cies2.org/redirect.aspx?linkID=4282&eid=%5bMEMBER_ID_HERE%5d>

Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application.

                   Distributed: Tuesday, July 1, 2014