Subject: Sintra board

Sintra board

From: Tom James Braun <tom.braun<-a>
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Chris Woods <director<-a t->ncs< . >org< . >uk> writes

>Does anyone have any conservation related information about Sintra
>board as a surface on which hygroscopic material items might be
>displayed?  It is a closed cell PVC sheet material. ...

We looked into Sintra starting in 1997.  Our exhibits department
liked it because it was easy to print or apply graphics to, but we
decided it was okay for mounting graphics outside an exhibit case,
but should not be used inside exhibit cases, as it is a foamed PVC,
and would be detrimental to artifacts if it was exposed to them
directly.  Good luck, Tom

                   Distributed: Tuesday, July 1, 2014