Subject: Sintra board

Sintra board

From: Laura Hinde <laurajhinde<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 26, 2014
Chris Woods <director<-a t->ncs< . >org< . >uk> writes

>Does anyone have any conservation related information about Sintra
>board as a surface on which hygroscopic material items might be
>displayed?  It is a closed cell PVC sheet material. ...

Sintra board is also known as Foamex in the USA and Forex in Europe.
Forex is manufactured by 3A Composites who are very helpful and can
offer much technical information about their product.  Apparently
Forex has been Oddy tested and they will be able to send you the
results for that. The Area Sales Manager for 3A Composites in the
South East of the UK is John Monksfield who has been really helpful
to me in the past so would be a good point of contact.

Contact details are:

    3A Composites gmbH
    PO Box 285
    Sidcup UK DA15 0FY
    +44 1322 403556

I hope that helps

Laura Hinde
Assistant Paintings Conservator, National Portrait Gallery, London

                   Distributed: Tuesday, July 1, 2014