Subject: Position at the Hampton Court Palace

Position at the Hampton Court Palace

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-a>
Date: Thursday, June 19, 2014
Project Manager - Cataloguing and Collections Review II Project
    Manager
Collections Management Team
Hampton Court Palace

Fixed-term contract 12 months

Pay Range:  UKP26,291

Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity responsible for
opening up the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington
Palace, Kew Palace Banqueting House, Whitehall and Hillsborough
Castle to visitors.

Historic Royal Palaces displays, stores and cares for thousands of
historic objects, many of them in their original royal setting.
Keeping track of the collections and their information is an
essential role for our conservation department.  This year we are
carrying out a palaces-wide project to catalogue our entire
collection on our Collections Management System and developing an
off-site collection store.

Under our Collections Management Registrar you will supervise a
palaces-wide inventory check and cataloguing project in our CMS of
the archaeology and architectural collections and work with our
curators to review the collections, resulting in the creation of a
rationalisation plan.

With your expertise gained in a museum or related area, you will be
familiar with current best practice in collections management and
collection review.  Joining us is a fantastic way to expand your
experience, helping us care for our collections for all our visitors
now and in the future.

Based at Hampton Court Palace there will be a requirement to travel
to our other palaces on occasion.

Closing date:  14 July 2014

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Jo Wilson
Business Supervisor
Conservation and Collection Care

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 24, 2014