Subject: Online course on care and conservation of historic iron

Online course on care and conservation of historic iron

From: David Harvey <topladave<-a>
Date: Monday, June 23, 2014
"Care and Conservation of Historic Iron"
3 Week Online Class - $150
Starting on July 7, 2014

Do you have historic iron and want to know how to care and preserve
it?

In this course you will learn about the history and technology of
iron, steel, and cast iron objects, how to identify conservation
problems, how to properly handle, store, and exhibit iron, and how
to safely clean and preserve historic iron.  We will emphasize what
you can do and when you need a conservator.

The course runs for three weeks with one section each week: History
and Technology of Iron, Condition and Treatment, Storage and Care.

It is structured so you can do the course from home or from work.
We'll have email discussions about each week's readings and resource
materials, there will one practical assignment: to write a condition
report, clean an iron object, or write a short conservation plan for
your iron collection.

This online class will give you the tools to understand, clean, and
preserve historic iron.

Space is limited so register soon:

    <URL:https://ironcareclass3.eventbrite.com>

If you have any questions please email me.

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles CA

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 24, 2014