Subject: Survey on digital resources--addendum

Survey on digital resources--addendum

From: Eric Pourchot <epourchot<-a>
Date: Friday, June 13, 2014
What digital resources do you need?

How are digital resources being used by the conservation and
preservation professions?  What are the computer and online resource
needs of those who care for our cultural collections?  These are
some of the questions the Foundation of AIC is asking in its 2014
Digital Landscape survey.

We need your participation to ensure we are collecting accurate
information.  Please take a few minutes from your busy schedule to
complete a short (5 minute) survey at:

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CKHTSZK>

We will be releasing the results of the study so that all who
participate will be able to see how others are using digital
resources, what they are being used for, and what resources are most
in demand.

The results will be shared on the CoOL and AIC Websites later this
year.

The FAIC online survey is part of a larger planning grant from The
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, supplemented with funds from the Samuel
H. Kress Foundation and the Getty Foundation.  The grants will help
fund research, surveys, and discussions to determine how digital
resources are currently being used, what resources are needed, and
how FAIC might best serve the conservation and preservation
professions moving forward.  The study is expected to yield valuable
information regarding the future of FAIC's Conservation OnLine and
Conservation DistList resources.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Eric Pourchot, PhD
Institutional Advancement Director
Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic
    and Artistic Works
1156 15th Street, NW
Suite 320
Washington DC 20005-1714