Subject: Conference on cultural heritage conservation science

Conference on cultural heritage conservation science

From: Richard Morris <r.morris<-a>
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014
"Preserving our history: Cultural Heritage and the science behind it"
The Mary Rose Museum
September 3, 2014

Following on from the very successful inaugural event of 2011, the
IOP Materials and Characterisation group are pleased to announce
another one day Cultural Heritage Science meeting.  The objective is
to introduce and discuss both cutting edge and traditional science
behind the preservation of our heritage, and the ethical framework
which shapes its experiments.

For this event we have a select number of invited speakers who are
experts in their respective field.  The topics under discussion will
embrace a diverse range such as ethics in heritage science, heritage
materials, museum artefacts and their conservation, and different
scientific techniques and their applicability.  The event offers a
fantastic occasion for new and experienced colleagues along with
those with a curious interest to share best practice and build
relationships for future collaborative research.

The meeting will take place in the newly opened Mary Rose Museum at
Portsmouth's Historic Dockyard and will conclude with a guided tour
of the new museum and excellent conservation facilities.  Places are
limited due to the venue size and so early registration is advised.
For further information and registration to attend please see

    <URL:https://www.iopconferences.org/iop/frontend/reg/thome.csp?pageID=256338&eventID=559&eventID=559>

Dr Richard J H Morris
Analytical Science Projects
Department of Physics