Subject: A death

A death

From: Mauro J. Mazzini <mjmconservation<-a>
Date: Sunday, June 8, 2014
Spanish and former Rochester photo conservator Angel Fuentes de Cia
died on June 8, 2014. For those who didn't know him, I think you
should really appreciate the quality of the post in his blog:

    <URL:http://noalaamnesia.blogspot.fr>

and also his personal web page.  You don't need to speak Spanish
since he always shared information of high quality regardless his
language.

    <URL:http://www.angelfuentes.es>

He had a very long career and is the biggest reference in spanish
about photographic conservation.  He also organised and directed the
Foto Conservation Forum in 2011 in Spain.

The courses he did at the Madrid Natural Science's Museum in this
lasts years where a great boost for future photo conservators.  I
had the pleasure of assist to several ones more than 7 years ago and
those who did the same will agreed with me that hearing him was like
reading an encyclopedia.

For those who knew him and had the chance of learn and work with,
this is terrible news.

Mauro J. Mazzini
Conservateur-restaurateur de materiau photographiques et papier
Paris - France

                   Distributed: Monday, June 16, 2014