Subject: Collections care resources available

Collections care resources available

From: Lori Foley <lfoley<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Heritage Preservation is making available a variety of collections
care resources for the cost of shipping and handling thanks to
support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Many of the available resources were originally a part of the
"Connecting to Collections" initiative.  The following titles are
available at <URL:http://tinyurl.com/q5v29ur>

    A Legal Primer on Managing Museum Collections (2nd ed.)

    Caring for American Indian Objects: A Practical and Cultural
    Guide (2004)

    The International Review of African American Art: Collecting,
    Conservation, and Collaboration (2007, Vol. 21, Num. 4)

    The National Trust Manual of Housekeeping: The Care of
    Collections in Historic Houses Open to the Public (2006)

    The Nature of Conservation: A Race Against Time (1986)

    Preservation Management for Libraries, Archives, and Museums
    (2006)

    Preserving Natural Science Collections: Chronicle of Our
    Environmental Heritage

    Promoting Preservation Awareness in Libraries: A Sourcebook for
    Academic, Public, School, and Special Collections

    NPS Museum Handbook Part I: Museum Collections Chapters

    NPS Museum Handbook Part I: Museum Collections Appendices

Prices range from $9.00 to $27.00 to cover costs associated with
shipping and handling.  Availability is limited and only open to US
residents.  If you have questions feel free to email us at
info<-a t->heritagepreservation< . >org.

Lori Foley
Heritage Preservation
Washington, DC

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 27, 2014