Subject: Online course on historic copper, brass, and bronze

Online course on historic copper, brass, and bronze

From: David Harvey <topladave<-a>
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2014
"Care and Conservation of historic Copper, Brass, and Bronze"
Starting on June 2, 2014
3 Week Online Class
$150

Do you have historic copper, brass, and bronze and want to know how
to care and preserve it?

In this course you will learn about the history and technology of
copper alloy objects, how to identify conservation problems, how to
properly handle, store, exhibit, and how to safely clean and
preserve historic copper, brass, and bronze.  We will emphasize what
you can do and when you need a conservator.

The course runs for three weeks with one section each week: History
and Technology of Copper Alloys, Condition and Treatment, Storage
and Care.

It is structured so you can do the course from home or from work.
We'll have email discussions about each week's readings and resource
materials, there will one practical assignment: to write a condition
report, clean an iron object, or write a short conservation plan for
your copper alloy collection.

This online class will give you the tools to understand, clean, and
preserve historic copper, brass, and bronze.

Space is limited so register soon:

    <URL:http://coppercareclass.eventbrite.com>

If you have any questions please email me.

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles California, USA

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 27, 2014