Subject: Student attendance at ICOM-CC Triennial Conference

Student attendance at ICOM-CC Triennial Conference

From: Emma Neale <e.neale<-a>
Date: Sunday, May 18, 2014
Student Conservators at Melbourne are the representative body for
students from the University of Melbourne's Centre for Cultural
Materials Conservation (CCMC) programs.  We would like to extend a
warm welcome to students to join us at the 17th Triennial Conference
of the International Council of Museums Committee for Conservation
(ICOM-CC) themed "Building Strong Culture through Conservation",
held from the 1-19 September 2014, in Melbourne Australia.

The ICOM-CC Conference represents an exciting opportunity to develop
a global network of students and emerging professionals, while
providing student delegates with a unique and invaluable opportunity
to engage in discourse encompassing a range of cultural, social and
environmental issues.

A pre-conference student welcome event will provide opportunities to
connect with both students from Melbourne and further abroad.  CCMC
students will showcase research conducted at Melbourne during a
roundtable discussion, and we invite visiting students to also talk
of their institutions, contributing to an international dialogue on
conservation education, recent research and projects.  This event
will be an exciting forum to exchange ideas in a relaxed and social
atmosphere, and a chance to meet with other students prior to
official conference proceedings.

Student Conservators at Melbourne will be in a position to offer a
buddy system to assist with the provision of accommodation and ease
of travelling around Melbourne.  We understand the key to building
stronger cultures through conservation is an activity that involves
collaboration and partnership and we are enthusiastic to connect
with visiting students.

More information and registration details for the conference can be
found at

    <URL:http://www.icom-cc2014.org>

Student attendance enquires and information on events please contact
Emma Neale <e.neale<-a t->student< . >unimelb< . >edu< . >au>

Catch up on news from Student Conservators at Melbourne at

    <URL:http://studentconservators.com/>

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 27, 2014