Subject: Survey on intermediate materials for mounting paintings

Survey on intermediate materials for mounting paintings

From: Jasmin Wollenhaupt <jas.wollenhaupt<-a>
Date: Thursday, May 8, 2014
Survey
Intermediate materials and the mounting of paintings

    <URL:https://de.surveymonkey.com/s/CTH7M3L>

This survey for conservators deals with the treatment of the
mounting of paintings on stretchers and strainers.  It also tries to
obtain an overview of the intermediate materials used between the
nails or staplers and the canvas of the painting.

Many conservators use intermediate materials to prevent textiles
from damaging, including mechanical damage as well as rusty nails.
At the same time intermediate materials can help to remove mountings
more easily in the future.

The survey is part of my Master Thesis at the Staatliche Akademie
der Bildenden Kunste Stuttgart, Germany.  I would appreciate your
help and if you're interested, I will inform you later about the
results of this survey. You can leave your email address after going
through all the questions.

The survey will just take about 10 minutes.  Participants are
welcome until 20 June 2014

If there are any questions, please contact me.

Jasmin Wollenhaupt
Masters student in Conservation and Restoration of Paintings and
    Sculpture
Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Kuenste Stuttgart
Am Weissenhof 1
D 70191 Stuttgart
Germany
+49 17671664005