Subject: Call for papers--IIC Nordic Group conference

Call for papers--IIC Nordic Group conference

From: Nina Jolkkonen-Porander <info.nkf2015<-a>
Date: Monday, April 7, 2014
"Monumental Treasures: Preservation and Conservation:
IIC Nordic Group
Helsinki, Finland
21-23 October 2015

The Nordic Association of Conservators Finnish section has the
honour to invite you to the NKF XX Congress in Helsinki, Finland on
21-23 October 2015.

The theme of the congress is the preservation and conservation of
monumental cultural heritage objects.  A monumental object is a
notable building, space or entity comprising of its exterior,
interior and furnishings.  The entity could include layers and
details from different eras.  Monumental objects could also be a
prominent piece of art, textile or art collection.

Our goal at the congress is to present monumental restoration and
conservation projects that have been carried out in cooperation
between various people within the fields of conservation and
preservation of cultural heritage, construction representatives,
property and art owners and local authorities.  During the congress
we will become acquainted with on-going renovations projects in
Helsinki including the Presidential Palace, the Parliament Building
and the National Library of Finland.

Call for Papers

For presentations we kindly ask you to send in a maximum 300-word
English abstract on the subject and the title of the presentation.
Be sure to include your name, title, and other contact details and a
short CV at the end of the abstract.  Abstracts should be sent by
e-mail in Word or PDF by 10 October 2014 to info.nkf2015<-a t->gmail< . >com.
You may also participate in the congress with a poster.

The length of each presentation is maximum 20 minutes.  The
congress' presentations will be published.  Articles for the
publication should be delivered by 28 Feb. 2015.  The congress'
working language will be English.

We look forward to active dialogue, experiences of challenging
projects and especially real-life examples of what we conservators
face every day at work.

For more information see

    <URL:http://www.konservaattoriliitto.fi>

or write info.nkf2015<-a t->gmail< . >com

Nordic Association of Conservators (Nordic IIC group) - Finnish
    section
Nina Jolkkonen-Porander, Chairman
Jaana Kataja, Vice chairman

                  Distributed: Sunday, April 13, 2014