Subject: Call for papers--Conference: Conservation and the Bigger picture

Call for papers--Conference: Conservation and the Bigger picture

From: Megan L. de Silva <megandesilva<-a>
Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Call for Papers

"Conservation and the Bigger picture"
Conservation Matters in Wales conference
St Fagans National History Museum
Cardiff, Wales

A one day conference organised by Amguedda Cymru: National Museum
Wales, The Federation of Museums and Art Galleries of Wales and
Cardiff University.

With conservation services under increasing pressure we are looking
for people to share their examples, large or small of how
conservation fits into the bigger picture.  Have you worked on a
conservation project which has got you beyond the bench? Has your
conservation expertise influenced others decisions? Does your
knowledge and creativity bring a valuable different perspective to
the table? How has your work benefited others?

We are also keen to invite non-conservation professionals to
participate in the conference.  Are you a curator, engineer,
volunteer, learning officer or somebody else who benefits from
conservation services? Do you have an example of this or a story to
tell or do you have ideas of how you would like to work with
conservators more?  We are really excited to hear how people see the
work of conservators and collections care professionals fitting into
the bigger picture of culture, heritage and beyond.  Speakers who
attempt to directly address the needs of those who benefit from
conservation service will be favoured.

If you are interested in speaking please send a brief outline to

    Megan de Silva
    megandesilva<-a t->monmouthshire< . >gov< . >uk

Deadline for submissions: Monday 21 April, 2014.

Megan de Silva
Objects Conservator
Monmouthshire County Council Museums Service
Chepstow Museum
Gwy House
Bridge Street
Chepstow, NP6 5EZ