Subject: Call for photographs--ANAGPIC Annual Student Conference

Call for photographs--ANAGPIC Annual Student Conference

From: Lucy Skinner <lucy.skinner<-a>
Date: Monday, March 3, 2014
    author.

Request for photographs of conservators doing 'Extreme conservation'
activities around the globe.

On the second weekend of April 2014 the annual meeting of the
Association of North American Graduate Programs in Conservation
(ANAGPIC)

    <URL:https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/%7Eanagpic/>

will be hosted by the Art Conservation department in Buffalo, New
York.  For those of you outside North America unaware of what this
is, it is an opportunity for current students of art conservation
teaching programs to meet up for two days and present their projects
and research to each other.  The second day of the conference is
traditionally when professional talks are given.

Our profession has received an unusual amount of attention this year
thanks to the admirable efforts of the Monuments Men making it to
the big screen.  Completely by coincidence, the theme we picked for
the professional day of ANAGPIC 2014 is "Extreme Conservation".  We
have some great talks lined up ranging in topic from conserving the
historic huts in Antarctica, to treatment of space rockets.

As an intro to the professional talks, I would like to put together
a slideshow presentation of conservation in all its extremes, from
location, environment, size, length--anything you might think of in
terms of extremeness.

So, this is a request for people who are willing to send me
photographs of extreme conservation in action, which I can put into
this slide show.  Please email me the images along with a caption to
explain who is involved, where you are located and what activities
are being carried out.

Email to skinnel<-a t->buffalostate< . >edu

Be assured that the photos will not be used for any other purpose
than the slide show.

It should be a lot of fun.

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 11, 2014