Subject: Position at the Hampton Court Palace

Position at the Hampton Court Palace

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-a>
Date: Friday, February 28, 2014
Textile Treatment Conservator
Hampton Court Palace

Permanent, Full time

Once upon a time, it was royalty who admired the magnificent objects
within the five historic royal palaces. Today, it is visitors who
come to discover the fascinating stories behind these unique
exhibits. To save these priceless artefacts for future generations,
we need someone to join our team of highly skilled textile
conservators

Having attended a recognised textile conservation training
programme, you'll have an in-depth understanding of the techniques
involved in conservation treatments and you'll have the ability to
take on hands-on treatment projects as required in our textile
treatment teams: Tapestry, Furnishings and Costume and General
Textiles.

You will be part of a team and report to the Treatment Conservation
Supervisor. Working with extremely fragile objects, both in the
studio and within the palaces, you must be able to work at heights.
Based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to our
other palaces on occasion.

Historic Royal Palaces endorses the Icon PACR accreditation scheme.

Closing date: 17 March 2014

Salary: UKP23,748.00

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk>

                   Distributed: Monday, March 3, 2014