Subject: Position at Science Museum at Wroughton

Position at Science Museum at Wroughton

From: Finn Bryony <bryony.finn<-a>
Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Project Conservator
Storage Relocation Project
Science Museum at Wroughton

Salary UKP21,302 to UKP23,000 per annum pro rata

11 month fixed term contract

The Storage Relocation Project will see the Museum of Science and
Industry reorganise its stored object collections to improve storage
for small objects in Manchester and take advantage of cost-effective
storage facilities for large objects available at the Science Museum
Group's main large object stores at Wroughton, Wiltshire.

Working to an efficient programme, the postholder will carry out
preventive and interventive conservation required for the project to
appropriate SMG standards and in line with legislation, including
condition checking and documentation, object hazard management,
security and access, movement and storage.

You will work with the Collections Relocation project team based in
Manchester and alongside the Wroughton Conservation and Collections
Care team. You will have a sound knowledge of Health and Safety
practice including an awareness of hazards which might be found in
technological and scientific collections.

You will be self-motivated, highly organised and able to work under
pressure while maintaining thorough attention to detail. An
excellent team player and an effective communicator, you will be
computer literate with experience using a collections management
database, such as MIMSY XG, and Microsoft Office applications.

The position is based at Wroughton; there may be occasional need to
work at either the external or internal stores at MOSI.

For information about the Science Museum Group, a full job
description and details of how to apply, please visit

    <URL:http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/jobs>

Closing date 10 March 2014

Interviews will be held week commenting 17 March 2014

We welcome applications from all sections of the community in which
we work.  We particularly welcome applications from disabled people
and we guarantee interviews to suitably qualified disabled
applicants.

Bryony Finn

                   Distributed: Monday, March 3, 2014