Subject: Internship at International Conservation Centre, Acre

Internship at International Conservation Centre, Acre

From: Michael Waas <michael<-a>
Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2014
International Conservation Center - Citta di Roma, located in the
city of Old Acre, Israel is Israel's premier institute of technical
conservation and historic preservation, specializing in built
heritage.  Each semester, we run a 5-month intensive career
development training internship called Saving the Stones.  As a Masa
Israel Journey program, eligible participants may qualify for grants
to help offset the cost of the program.  On top of theoretical
lessons taught in the initial month of the program, the emphasis is
placed on service learning, enabling our students to become a part
of numerous conservation teams working on sites around the country,
in places like Caesarea, Beit She'an, Jerusalem, and in our home of
Old Acre.

With our focus on practical application and regular interaction with
the top professionals in conservation in Israel, Saving the Stones
offers a truly immersive experience in cultural heritage while
learning and implementing conservation and preservation in one of
the world's most fascinating places.

We are currently accepting applications for our Fall 2014 semester
which runs from August 25, 2014 through January 22, 2015.  We would
be very appreciative if you could please circulate this message to
current students, alumni, and anyone else who has a passion for
cultural heritage and its preservation.

Please feel free to contact myself or info<-a t->conservationcenter< . >org< . >il
with any questions.

Michael Waas
Assistant
International Conservation Center - Citta di Roma
Old Acre, Israel
+972 4 9817322

                Distributed: Thursday, February 20, 2014