Subject: Ethics displaying photographs

Ethics displaying photographs

From: Mathew Hancock <matt_hancock_images<-a>
Date: Sunday, February 9, 2014
As part of my Masters project, I am researching how photographic
negatives might be displayed in the future if darkrooms are not
available.  I have asked groups of photographers the question "if
you shot on film is it ethical and acceptable for a gallery or
museum to digitise your work and print on ink jet printers to
display your negatives?" and I am interested in the views of fellow
conservators:

This is not about copyright issues it is about how you intend for
your artwork to be displayed and how museums should display historic
images.

Matthew

                Distributed: Thursday, February 20, 2014