Subject: Freezing musical instruments

Freezing musical instruments

From: Rachel Waters <rachel.waters<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2014
I have encountered concern from curators about the effect of freezing
an instrument on the tone.   Some of our collections are in playable
condition, and the concern is for the precision with which musical
instruments are crafted.  I am not sure if any other collections have
looked into this topic, any information is helpful.

Rachel Waters
Conservator
MIM-Musical Instrument Museum

                Distributed: Thursday, February 6, 2014