Subject: Conservation study trip to India

Conservation study trip to India

From: John Greenwood <john.greenwood<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2014
    author.

I am proposing to take a group of students from the Bachelors of
Heritage, Museums and Conservation Course from the University of
Canberra, on a study tour of India.  I am in the process of
organising an itinerary for the students that would include

    Visits to museums to see conservation and other departments,

    Site visits to archaeological sites,

    Heritage building currently being restored

    Cultural heritage sites with traditional skills and crafts

I am planning to make the visit as practical as possible and include
hand on activities.  I would be most grateful for any help and
advice that you could offer and any contacts, ideas for visits or
anything that would broaden the students' knowledge and
understanding of Indian heritage.

The visit will be for 3 weeks at the end of June or the beginning of
July 2014.  I understand that this may not be the best time of year
for a visit but I have to fit in with the university time table.

I look forward to receiving any help and advice you can offer

    <URL:http://www.canberra.edu.au/faculties/arts-design/courses/undergraduate/heritage-museums-conservation>

John Greenwood
Senior Lecturer, Heritage Conservation,
University of Canberra
ACT 2601, Australia.
+61 2 6201 2693

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 29, 2014