Subject: Call for papers--ICON Paintings Group

Call for papers--ICON Paintings Group

From: Chantal-Helen Thuer <c_thur<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Call for Papers

"Modern Conservation: What's new?"
Icon Paintings Group
2014 Annual Conference
The Wallace Collection
London
Friday 10 October 2014.

Submissions for papers are invited that address research,
professional standards and materials testing in relation to modern
conservation issues.  This might include appraisal of new
conservation materials and their properties, chemistry and any
advantages and disadvantages.  Contributors may also be developing
new and innovative techniques that are being used to address
conservation problems or they may be utilising well-known materials
in a new capacity.  In addition interesting case studies relating to
the deterioration and conservation of contemporary art works may be
put forward for consideration.

Those wishing to put forward a paper should write their proposal
using the abstract template, which can be downloaded from the ICON
website

    <URL:http://www.icon.org.uk>

      Events
        Call for Papers
          ICON Paintings Group Annual Conference

or can be obtained from the Group Secretary.

Deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 31 March 2014 and should be
returned by email to the Group Secretary, Rhiannon Clarricoates
<icon.paintingsgroup<-a t->googlemail< . >com>.

It should be noted that it is our intention to publish the papers as
part of our successful series of postprints.

Guide for Abstracts/Presenters: The proposals should be a maximum of
500 words.  If the committee selects your paper for presentation, we
will then request a copy of the full paper for peer-review.

Presenters should aim to talk for no more than 20 minutes.  For the
smooth running of the programme, we would like all presenters to
submit a PowerPoint presentation in advance of the conference.  We
will also require an abstract in word format (approximately 200
words) with a biography of the author(s) for the conference
handouts.

Registration for this event is not yet open and details for ticket
sales will be released in the New Year.

                 Distributed: Saturday, January 4, 2014