Subject: e-conservation magazine

e-conservation magazine

From: Rui Miguel Azevedo Bordalo <rmbordalo<-at->
Date: Sunday, December 19, 2010
We are pleased to announce that issue no. 17 of e-conservation
magazine is now online and available to read and download from

    <URL:http://www.e-conservationline.com>

In addition to our bimonthly magazine, we also offer 'e-conservation
daily', a newspaper that brings you the latest conservation news
posted on the internet. Check it out and don't forget to follow us
on facebook, twitter, and the blog.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Index - Issue 17, December 2010
ISSN: 1646-9283

Editorial

    Multicultural Conservation
    by Rui Bordalo

News and Views

    The Social Media Challenge for Conservation Outreach
    By Daniel Cull

Reviews

    Conservation and the Eastern Mediterranean
    IIC Congress
    Review by Sagita Mirjam Sunara

    Bigstuff 2010
    Review by Alison Wain

    16th International Heritage Show
    Review by Petruta Vlad

    Preparing Ikats for Colors of the Oasis: Central Asian Ikats
    By Cyndi Bohlin

Book Releases

    Books Will Speak Plain. A Handbook for Identifying and
    Describing Historical Bindings
    by Julia Miller

    Studies on Information and Knowledge Processes. Studies on
    Heritage Management I
    by Ferenc Kiss, Lia Bassa (eds.)

    The Picture of Memory
    by Michela Rossi, Cecilia Tedeschi (eds.)

Events: Upcoming Events: January - February 2011

Articles

    Science and Restoration at the Service of Interpretation
    By Dimitrios Doumas

    An Extensive Study of the Effect of the Enzyme a-Amylase Used in
    Textile Conservation on Silk Fibers Dyed with Safflower and
    Madder Dye
    By Harby E. Ahmed

Case Study

    Conservation and Restoration of a Rare Large Persian Carpet
    By Omar Abdel-Kareem

Projects

    The Bactria Cultural Centre: A UNESCO sponsored project in
    Mazar-e Sharif, war struck northern Afghanistan--Success or
    Failure? By Alessandro Califano

Rui Bordalo
Editor in Chief
e-conservation magazine