Subject: Vibration

Vibration

From: Michael C. Henry <mhenry<-at->
Date: Sunday, December 19, 2010
Alan J. Hawk <alan.hawk [at] us__army__mil> writes

>We are considering looking at a storage facility that is near a
>railroad.

...>... What are
>other considerations that we need to look at?

Other than vibration, you should consider the freight (whether
gaseous, liquid or solid) carried on the nearby line, and the risks
associated with such freight in the event of collision or derailment
near to your storage facility.

Michael C. Henry, PE, AIA
Watson and Henry Associates
Preservation Architects and Engineers