Subject: RBMS Guidelines for Borrowing and Lending Special Collections Materials

RBMS Guidelines for Borrowing and Lending Special Collections Materials

From: Giselle Simon <simong<-at->
Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2010
ACRL/RBMS Guidelines for Interlibrary and Exhibition Loan of Special
Collections Materials

Public Hearing
ALA Midwinter, San Diego
Saturday, January 8, 2011
10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Westin Gaslamp, Santa Fe Room

The RBMS Task Force for the Guidelines for Borrowing and Lending
Special Collections Materials is holding a public hearing at ALA
Midwinter to solicit comments on the draft guidelines.  We seek
advice and commentary from a wide range of librarians and encourage
all who are interested to attend the hearing.  The draft is posted
on the RBMS Website at

    <URL:http://rbms.info/committees/task_force/borrowing/>

Note: We are interested in feedback from conservators and
preservation librarians.

We welcome comments and suggestions in advance of the hearing or
afterwards, and we encourage you to let others know about the draft.
Please send comments to Hjordis Halvorson <halvorsonh<-at->newberry<.>org>,
Task Force Chair.

Giselle Simon
Director of Conservation Services
The Newberry Library