Subject: Wood borer infestation

Wood borer infestation

From: Jennifer Brian <jenniferfbrian<-at->
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010
I have come across a large pine log (approximately 1m diameter, 2.5m
long) with borer infestation. The log is too large for any freezer
that I have access to and we do not want to use pesticides as it is
to subsequently be used. I was wondering whether anyone has
undertaken anoxic, or black bag, treatment of any large wooden
objects, and how effective they were on objects with a small surface
area to volume ratio.  If they are ineffective, do you have any
suggestions for other appropriate treatments?  The treatment will be
undertaken in-situ before the log is moved for seasoning.

Jennifer Brian

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 14, 2010