Subject: Symposium on the science and art of color

Symposium on the science and art of color

From: Donna Hinton <zvi<-at->
Date: Saturday, December 4, 2010
The Science and Art of Color
iECS 2011
International Edelstein Color Symposium

<URL:http://www.edelstein-center.com/color-symposium>

It gives me great pleasure to announce the upcoming symposium on the
"science and art of color", which is scheduled for February 27-28,
2011 at the Shenkar College of Engineering and Design located in
Ramat-Gan near Tel-Aviv.  The title of this interesting and diverse
interdisciplinary program is iECS (pronounced "eye-ex"):

This symposium will convene experts in their fields who will discuss
the use of color in modern design, architecture, painting styles,
women's fashion, as well as the psychology and philosophy of color.
The nature of pigments and dyes, as detected by scientific methods,
in use in historic paintings, medieval manuscripts, and ancient
European textiles will also be presented.  Additionally, the
scientific discovery of the first authentic Biblical Tekhelet from
ancient Israel will be announced and discussed.

We have a very interesting program for those who register.  On the
Sunday prior to the formal presentations, all registrants will be
treated to a guided tour of the newly renovated Israel Museum in
Jerusalem, which exhibits relics from prehistory to modern art; a
tour of a Biblical village and a royal supper is also scheduled.  On
the days following the symposium, three post-symposium one-day Study
Tours of some of the most popular sites in Israel are planned at
very reasonable rates.

The registration is now open and I urge you to reserve your place
soon in this colorful event in order to take advantage of the very
attractive and nominal early-bird registration fee.

In addition, all those interested in presenting their work as a
Poster Presentation are urged to submit their abstract as the Call
for Posters is now open.

On behalf of the organizing committee I look forward to personally
welcoming each and every one of you to iECS 2011 - the Celebration
of Color.

Prof. Zvi C. Koren
Director, The Edelstein Center for the Analysis of Ancient Artifacts
Department of Chemical Engineering
Shenkar College of Engineering and Design
12 Anna Frank St.
52526 Ramat-Gan, Israel
+972 54 8050066

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 14, 2010