Subject: New site--Spectral Power Distribution curves

New site--Spectral Power Distribution curves

From: Joseph Padfield <joseph.padfield<-at->
Date: Friday, December 3, 2010
Over the last few years, there has been an increased interest in the
Spectral Power Distribution curves of the lights used within museums
and galleries, specifically related to LEDs.  Highlighting some of
difficulties of comparing light exposure between a variety of
different types of light source.

To make it easier to share and examine this type of data we have
recently put together a web-based viewer to allow the comparison of
a growing number of SPD curves:

    <URL:http://research.ng-london.org.uk/scientific/spd>

At the moment it is intended to allow users to see and compare
normalised SPD curves and examine relative proportional energy
totals. I have included some basic information about the process and
values used, along with a number of links to relevant Wikipedia
descriptions. If it proves useful it might be good to look at
extending the information included.

If you have any thoughts or comments please let me know.

Joe Padfield
Conservation Scientist
Scientific Department
The National Gallery