Subject: Grease stains on glazed earthenware pot

Grease stains on glazed earthenware pot

From: Sara Harriet Freeman <prem_sara<-at->
Date: Sunday, November 21, 2010
Does anyone have experience removing grease stains from a glazed
earthenware pot that has (I think) been used as a dripping pot? The
entire body of the vessel is stained dark grey/ brown, and the
finely cracked glaze oozes white, yellow and red grease on soaking
in hot water and detergent. I have tried various poultices and
solvents, which have done little to lighten the staining.

Sara Freeman
Student of Cultural Heritage Conservation
University of Canberra
Australia

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 30, 2010