Subject: Sculpture made of silicone rubber

Sculpture made of silicone rubber

From: Marie Chantale Poisson <misspoisson<-at->
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I am treating a sculpture composed in part of elements that are
moldings made of thin silicone rubber; the silicone rubber is
splitting along the folds on one of the elements and needs repair.

Besides epoxies, has anyone ever tried other adhesives successfully
on this type of object?  The repair will most likely be a band aid
applied to the back to join the edges along the tear but I welcome
other suggestions.

Marie Chantale Poisson
Centre de Conservation du Quebec

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 30, 2010