Subject: Online business management meeting series

Online business management meeting series

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-at->
Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010
The next meeting of the Online Business Management for Art
Conservators series will take place on Wednesday 17 November 2010
starting at 12:30 US Eastern Time.

The subject will be compensation for art conservators, with a
special emphasis on compensation for conservators in private
practice. The basis of our discussion will be the recent AIC/FAIC
Conservation Compensation Research Report. This was the first salary
survey undertaken by AIC in more than fifteen years, and is the
first truly comprehensive report.

The Guest Expert for this meeting will be Eric Pourchot, Ph.D.,
Director of Institutional Advancement for AIC. Pourchot, who was
instrumental in the creation of the survey, will share his insight
into the report and other research conducted on behalf of the AIC
Strategic Planning Initiative.

For more information, including registration information, please see

    <URL:http://bit.ly/OBMS_1011>

The each meeting in the monthly online Business Management Meeting
Series covers a topic significant to owning or managing an art
conservation business (broadly described). Participation is not
limited to private practitioners: We welcome those who have
managerial duties in a for profit or not for profit lab, and those
who think they might become administrators or business owners at
some future date.

The topic of the 15 December 2010 meeting will be "Responding to
RFPs."

The online Business Management Meeting Series for art conservators
is produced by Research and Writing, a professional practice serving
professional practitioners. For more information about our services
see <URL:http://www.researchandwriting.net> or email
info<-at->researchandwriting<.>net.

The Online Business Management meeting series for art conservators
is produced by Research and Writing, a professional practice serving
professional practitioners. For more information about our services
see <URL:http://www.researchandwriting.net> or email
info<-at->researchandwriting<.>net

Sarah Lowengard
Research and Writing