Subject: Charcoal objects

Charcoal objects

From: Natalie Lehnhardt <natchen2786<-at->
Date: Friday, November 5, 2010
My inquiry concerns dry charcoal objects from the first millennium
BC. The objects consist of charred reed fibres. They were excavated
in 2008 in Saudi Arabia. During the first measurements the objects
were cleaned. Now, the conservation is a problem  because there is
almost no literature about the topic. My question: Which methods and
techniques can be used or are already used to conserve the charred
fibres?

Natalie Lehnhardt (BA)
University: University of applied sciences Berlin
Germany
+49 1604030612

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 7, 2010