Subject: UV filter for digital camera

UV filter for digital camera

From: Sophie Haake <s.haake<-at->
Date: Monday, November 1, 2010
Nicolas Cretois <cretoisnico [at] yahoo__fr> writes

>Would anyone have any advice/suggestion about photography under UV
>light with a digital camera? We used to have an analogue camera with
>a UV Wratten filter but they have all been replaced with digital
>cameras (Nikon D90 and D300). I tried to adjust the white balance
>but the result is not completely satisfactory. I am wondering if a
>UV filter on a digital camera would work, is so, where could we get
>it from?

We have made quite good experiences with combining a B+W UV-Blocking
Filter 415 or 420 by Schneider Kreuznach with a digital camera
(Canon 400D)

    <URL:http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/
        fotofilter/spezialfilter.htm>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Normal UV Filters didn't really have an effect on the pictures.

Dipl. Restauratorin (FH) Sophie Haake-Harig
Antikensammlung
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz
Bodestr. 1-3