Subject: Bed bugs

Bed bugs

From: William Minter <wminter<-at->
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010
I had a query from one of my library clients:

   "We haven't had trouble with bedbugs in books yet, but expect we
    may eventually. We are wondering what the word is for treating
    them. There seems to be some discussion about heating them up or
    cooking the books?"

My initial reply was:

   "I am sure that there must be some very good methods of dealing
    with bed-bugs *without* heating and cooking, or using
    insecticides. In addition to freezing, there is also the anoxic
    treatment that should be possible. I guess we need to know the
    life cycle of the bug to have a better understanding of what
    would work best. I will ask around."

If anyone has any recommendations or comments that they are willing
to share, but anonymously, I am willing to act as a clearing house
for that information.

Bill Minter
William Minter Bookbinding and Conservation, Inc.
4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020
Fax: 814-793-4045